|SaaS||DCI / Gateway|
What does this solution describe?
How to add an Office 365 (O365) domain to SpamTitan.
What are the steps?
- Go to and select Add... to add the new domain
Usually, the destination server is in the following format: example-com.mail.protection.outlook.com (where your domain is example.com). See Add your Domain(s).
- Click the test icon on the right under the Options column to verify the domain and that it is receiving mail from SpamTitan.
- Set up Dynamic Recipient Verification on O365, so you can use it in SpamTitan:
- Enable Directory Based Edge Blocking (DBEB) in Office 365 so that it rejects invalid RCPT TO probes: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/use-directory-based-edge-blocking
- Enable Dynamic Recipient Verification in SpamTitan, and the Verification Server is the same as the Destination Server (i.e., the Office 365 FQDN) https://docs.titanhq.com/en/8911-more-about-recipient-verification.html.
- Add O365 IP ranges to your Trusted Networks Microsoft List (SpamTitan SaaS skip this step).
- Check SpamTitan and Office 365 IP Throttling (Rate Limits).
- Ensure Your Email is Not Marked as Spam in Office 365.
- Set SpamTitan up as your only trusted email source by locking down your Office 365 email server.
- If filtering outbound email, you must also set up a connector on O365.