|SaaS||DCI / Gateway|
What is the issue?
A SpamTitan or WebTitan server is stuck on a boot loop.
Is this specific to a product or environment?
SpamTitan or WebTitan.
What causes this issue?
This usually occurs after a hard shutdown or power outage which causes the server to improperly shut down.
What is the solution?
- Power down the server.
- Power on the server and when BTX Loader 1.0.0 displays, press space repeatedly.
- The boot process stops at an OK prompt.
- Type boot -s and press return.
- The boot process stops again, and Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh: displays. Press Enter.
- Type /sbin/fsck -y and press Enter. This starts a disk check using the Journal.
- When the disk check is complete, type /sbin/fsck -y again to start a disk check without using the Journal.
- When the disk check is complete, type exit and press Enter.
The server then boots in to multi-user mode and is ready to use.