If you have upgraded to VMware ESX 6.5 the WMware tools ISO for FreeBSD may not be installed. In this case you can simply download the ISO, mount it in the virtual cd-rom drive and install VMware Tools.
1. Download the latest vmware tools manually (choose VMware Tools packages for FreeBSD, Solaris and OS X)
2. Extract those files until at the end you get the freebsd.iso file
3. In VMware manually mount this freebsd.iso to the CD-ROM drive of the virtual machine running SpamTitan (don’t forget to actually connect also the CD ROM device !)
4. Login to the SpamTitan console and choose option “(5) Upgrade VMware Tools”
5. Confirm it is installed and currect -- see image.